08 November 2006

Towards An Ethical Blogger Approach For Marketers

The Word of Mouth Marketing Association has released for industry discussion Ten Principles for Ethical Contact by Marketers, a document that basically amount to
1. Don't lie; 2. Be nice and 3. Don't manipulate.

The ten points in full are below:
» I will always be truthful and will never knowingly relay false information.I will never ask someone else to deceive bloggers for me.
» I will fully disclose who I am and who I work for (my identity and affiliations) from the very first encounter when communicating with bloggers or commenting on blogs.
» I will never take action contrary to the boundaries set by bloggers.I will respect all community guidelines regarding posting messages and comments.
» I will never ask bloggers to lie for me.
» I will use extreme care when communicating with minors or blogs intended to be read by minors.
» I will not manipulate advertising or affiliate programs to impact blogger income.
» I will not use automated systems for posting comments or distributing information.
» I understand that compensating bloggers may give the appearance of a conflict of interest, and I will therefore fully disclose any and all compensation or incentives.
» I understand that if I send bloggers products for review, they are not obligated to comment on them. Bloggers can return products at their own discretion.
» If bloggers write about products I send them, I will proactively ask them to disclose the products' source.

Trackback from i-Wisdom

No comments:

Post a Comment