13 November 2008

molly_odonnell_tattoo


molly_odonnell_tattoo
Originally uploaded by Joshua Davis.

Quote Josh:

"Molly O'Donnell from Baltimore, Maryland just mailed me to show off her new tattoo she just got.

To my surprise and delight she's working on a half sleeve from my Once Upon a Forest series entitled "Maxalot".

I have been getting tattooed myself for about 15 years... way before I started writing programs to generate compositions. Because of this I have decided that none of of my tattoos should be generative. My tattoos should always be standard analog drawings.

Why?

The answer is simple and Molly O'Donnell is the perfect example... I know I would want this generative work from my head to my toes. Molly... I love your tattoo and wish I could have it.

I'm honored that you would pick my work. Send us more pictures as you get it colored."

No comments:

Post a Comment